Cannabidiol (CBD) – is a compound in cannabis that has medical effects but does not make people feel “stoned or high” and actually counters the effects of the THC. The reduced psycho-activity of the CBD rich hemp plant may make it an appealing treatment option for patients seeking anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-pain and anti-spasm effects without the disconcerting euphoria or lethargy.
Clinical and scientific studies on the plant indicate that CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult to control conditions like: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, PTSD, epilepsy, antibiotic–resistant infections and neurological disorders.
CBD has demonstrated neuroprotective effects and its anticancer potential is currently being explored, studied and looked into at various academic research centres worldwide.
It is well worth mentioning here that the USA government holds the patent: US 6630507 Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuro-protectants
Here are 11 ways that CBD could improve your health:
- CBD is an antibacterial and slows bacterial growth.
- CBD, does not cause the typical “high” associated with cannabis.
- CBD reduces inflammation.
- CBD promotes bone growth.
- CBD reduces function in the immune system.
- CBD relieves anxiety.
- CBD relieves pain.
- CBD suppresses muscles spasms.
- CBD reduces blood sugar levels
- CBD reduces seizures.
- CBD inhibits cancer cell growth.